Over 40 years of experience in advising and assisting financial institutions, industrial and insurance companies on complex transactions, IAS-IFRS and Italian Gaap accounting issues, valuations, litigations, M&A and financial restructuring.
Professional and academic experience
- Professor emeritus in Business Administration and previously dean of Bocconi University and Full Professor in Business Administration at Bocconi University
- He has been Chartered accountant, he contributed to the foundation of the Italian accounting board OIC, of which he has been Chairman of the Executive Committee
- He was member of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- He is member of the Italian Business Administration Society
He has been, and currently is, member of several boards and statutory audit boards of national and international companies as well as institutions.
He currently is:
- Board member of Bracco S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Statutory Audit Board of Fondo Strategico Italiano SGR
- Member of the Permanent Advisory Committee to the Italian Economy and Finance Ministry for the privatisations
He has been, among others:
- Chairman of the Statutory Audit Board of Cassa Depositi Prestiti (CdP)
- Chairman of RCS Media Group
- Chairman of the Statutory Audit Board of Bank of Italy
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)