Full Professor of Corporate Strategy and the AIdAF-EY Chair of Strategic Management in Family Business in memory of Alberto Falck at Università Bocconi. Has been working on family business since 1988 as consultant or board member of more than 150 companies.
Professional and academic experience
- Senior faculty member of the SDA Bocconi
- Founder Dean of Bocconi Graduate School
- Scientific director of the AUB Observatory (AIdAF-Unicredit-Chamber of Commerce of Milan-Italian Stock Exchange-Bocconi University) about all the Italian family businesses with revenues over 20 Ml/Euro (more than 10.000 companies).
He is currently
- Chairman of the board of Vitale Barberis Canonico S.p.A.
- Vice Chairman of Falck Renewables S.p.A.
- Board Member of De Agostini S.p.A.
- Board Member of Feralpi Holding S.p.A.
- Board Member of Fontana Finanziaria S.p.A.
- Board Member of Compagnia dè Frescobaldi S.p.A.
- Board Member of Villa D’Este S.p.A.
- Research award 1989, European Foundation for Entrepreneurship Research, Bruxelles.
- Case of the year award 1998 EFMD
- Fellow of IFERA (International Family Enterprise Reasearch Academy).
- Research award 2009, 2012, 2013, Bocconi University.
- Family Business Review Best Article 2013: Transitional leadership of advisors as a facilitator of successors’ leadership construction, (with C. Salvato).