Over 40 years of experience in advising and assisting financial institutions, industrial and insurance companies on complex transactions, IAS-IFRS and Italian Gaap accounting issues, valuations, litigations, M&A and financial restructuring.
Professional and academic experience
- Emeritus Professor of Business Administration and, previously, he was Rector of the L. Bocconi University and Full Professor of Methodologies and Quantitative Determinations of the Company at the same University
- Chartered accountant, he contributed to the foundation of the Italian accounting board OIC, of which he has been Chairman of the Executive Committee, and was also member of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- He is member of the Italian Business Administration Society
- Former Chartered Accountant
He has been, and currently is, member of several boards and statutory audit boards of national and international companies as well as institutions.
He currently is:
- President of the Istituto Javotte Bocconi - Manca di Villahermosa - Associazione "Amici della Bocconi"
- Board member of Bracco S.p.A.
- Member of the Corporate Governance Committee of Listed Companies
He has been, among others:
- Chairman of the board of statutory auditors of the Fondo Strategico Italiano SGR
- Chairman of the Statutory Audit Board of Cassa Depositi Prestiti (CdP)
- Chairman of RCS Media Group
- Chairman of the Statury Audit Board of Bank of Italy
- Member of the Permanent Advisory Committee to the Italian Economy and Finance Ministry for the privatisations
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- Knight of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Medal of the Consular Corps of Milan and Lombardy for promoting the image of Italy abroad
- Gold Medal of the City of Milan